Tuesday 11 March 2014

Ethiopian airline and The over-planner.

I have been planning for this trip for months now as you can read from my previous blogs, nothing was left to chances, from chosen luggage to in-flight beauty.

After all the planning, the day of my flight fom London to Nairobi  has been booked with Ethiopian airline as it was the only airline that was cheap enough for me to have open(1yr) ticket. So my flight itinerary changed from London - Nairobi to London-Addis then from Addis-Nairobi.

the day off the flight, I finish work at 7 am London time as i was working nights and did not sleep, went to the hairdresser to the Henna lady to Waxing and all things beauty, after all I am going to meet my Hubby after a year long separation.

The flight was scheduled for a 8 pm take off, we were to be boarded by 7 pm and had to be at the airport by 5 pm. after checking my luggage and then going through security, I should say sailing through security, (that is what you get for over planning), I bought a bottle of water and then went for a meal. Had the most expensive sandwich of all times.

boarded the aircraft that was as old as possible and found myself at the very end of the aircraft on the middle row with seats that don't recline, i was getting angry until I found out that I was the only one on that row and i had the whole 3 seater for myself,YIPPY.

All went as I planned, did my in-flight beauty regime and then drank the whole 75ml bottle of water , used the WC and then informed the Hostesses that i did not wanted to be disturbed for meals, after a 1 herbal sleeping aid , i slept like a log and only woke up for the landing, again re done my in-flight beauty and morning routing and was ready to face Addis abeba Bole international Airport.

Holly cow, this is no Inter-flippin-national Airport, more like airline hanger/warehouse. ground staff are so rude, it is impossible not to get angry. Duty free zone is a joke to African Airports,Ordered tea at a coffe house that had insects on the table, Cloude 9 that is to be the exclusive lounge was a joke and i still think that there was some sort of jokeinvolved, they must be taking the mickey, as this is no International Airport.
tried to take pictures but security stepped in, so no pics. The one thing that i really like is the way their security team is doing the job to the letter. that is brilliant in this day and age it is a must.

after 3hr transit that went from shock to the system to surrealism, i boarded my flight from Addis to Nairobi.

I heard a lot of negative things from Kenyan airport but it was amazing, the airport itself was a makeshift kinda thing as the main airport was under contraction after the fire, however, Kenyans are so friendly and smiling all the time that you forger abut the whole make shift airport thing and the cherry on the cake was when I reached  immigration there was a mural ad for safari-com and it had a painting of a Somali man  wearing somali traditional clothes , underneath it just said (THE SOMALI) and  that sold Nairobi to me..

 I fell in love.

to be continued.....


PS: any spelling error is do to the fact that i am using my Kindle to write and it is tuned in Italian, Appologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment