Sunday 5 January 2014

PLEASING MY INNER NOMAD!

I have been in one place for far too long and I am feeling the need to move about, I have been nesting for the whole of 2013 as much as I like to stay put, I like even more to  move about and see what the world looks like according to other cultures.

I am starting to travel in two month time and will be gone for the better part of this year, this is getting me so excited. since I will be on the road/sky soon I started to sort my travel essentials out. you know Money,visa(not the card but the country entry one) and Vaccines. Well money is OK as i had a whole year to save for this, visa sorted, Vaccine all fine just need a boost for Heb-b all the others I am OK as i had them 2011 and they will last till 2020. Now, to the most important bit after money and documents, I personally think luggage is the next thing you should tackle.

 I have been using the same luggage for a long time and although I like it because it can take a lot , which is essential especially when you are travelling from a shopping heaven like Dubai,  it has become too big and old.
 The time to modernize and minimize my luggage has come,So meet the future Mrs Sheekh's luggage;

and with it the best organizational packing cubes:

and my traveling days of "I can't find my scarf or flip flops" are over, everything has a place and I am so delighted.
I was quite a happy messy traveler  until I met, OK not exactly met but saw a video about a travel essentials and fell in love with the idea of travelling light and smart. The presenter a lady called Sonia is a traveler that  has this travel channel on YouTube with loads of excellent idea's.

Here is one of her Videos, the one that got me thinking " Do I need all that scarves".








Well thanks to her my 2014 adventure will be light and smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment