Thursday 22 July 2010

CITY NOMAD.


As the name of my blog suggests,i am a nomad,a bedouin ,though i was born in a city and never been anywhere other than a city,...
there are several reasons for me to feel bedouin:

1: the fact that i am a Somali and no matter where we are born the bedouin blood is in us.

2: I lived in 6 countries and been to another 7 countries and it means i never been in one place more than 5 years,except for Somalia which i left when i was a teenager.

3:i love poetry, i know there are city people who like/love poetry, if you were a nomad you would understand my statement, bedouins live for poetry.
they go to war over a poem, they marry a girl for the poets in her family and it serves as a honor coat.

4:I live for the day i will be able to buy camel milk from Tesco.
I recently hear rumors about a Dubai based company might stock camel milk for the Uk supermarkets and i went bananas over the news, you should see me ranting about it,.

that is the explanation for the blog name and why i eat with my hands at the local cafe.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is,though it can be Lonely.
    You never make friends,on the move before you get to know a person really well.

    ReplyDelete