Saturday 24 July 2010

£0.90 in my pocket.

As skin as they come for several days, i haven't been payed yet and really could use money.
For money addict like me it is a major problem to be out and about with less than a pound to my name.
when i wake up this morning i thought, maybe i should just stay home, there is no way i was going to go out fully knowing that i couldn't go to the coffee shop,but i convince my self that i should at least go for a walk.
So, i left about 10am for a walk with a bottle of water and a home made sandwich and ended up in Kensington area,one of the most expensive post codes of London, the down side of leaving in west London.
At first i was at awe with my surrounding,the puzzling coffees and chic paninotech's did little to reassure me that 0.90p will be fine.
Then i saw the Natural history museum and it was free,bingo,went in and spend about 45 min to see the main gallery.
still after a free session of knowledge i wasn't convinced that i could just be about without expenditure ,so i head home.
On my way at the Kensington high street i found a little store called GIVE A BOOK GET A BOOK.
So,i went in thinking of just smelling the books(i love the smell of books), and find out it wasn't a book store as we know it, but a charity bookshop where you just help yourself with any book you want for free,you heard it right FREEEE(you either give a small donation or nothing , guess what i give, yes my last 0.99p).and i got Little women to my modest collection.

That was most liberating thing ever, i will certainly not get intimidated by pennyless-ness from now on.


3 comments:

  1. how is live in somaliland?
    zemmur

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how it is now Mansur,. but when i was in Somalia it was pretty good. laid back live style and very safe,as you can guess that is not the same now with a full on war.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now i herad next war will be there!!
    good luck in london nasra
    mansur

    ReplyDelete