Saturday 15 November 2014

What I missed in London and will miss.

I came back from Africa last Septembar and London was in a state of self induced excitement about all sort of things,. In Africa we are not use to that and to be honest we can't be asked to go all hoohaa about nothing.

However, I missed all this excitement and enthusiasam for basically a night out or a good show.
Since, I came back , I made my mission to see all that I could see in London, Though my biggest regret will always be missing the fiiri bandhiga, The Somali entrepreneurs Show that was organized by the Ciyow siblings. I was planning and planning and just planning to buy the ticket and never did, not sure what happen there, I seem to be over planning things that I never flow through. My lost.
I heard it was amazing. If you don't know what I am talking about then check it out, here is the link.

http://www.fiiribandhiga.com/ or check the small clips that introduce and explain it at Youtube and search for Asli Ciyow.

I also missed Aar maanta and Hudeida( More of a Hudeida fan, though I love aar's music) playing at Hammersmith. In my diffence I was working that night but really I should've taken the night off and went,. Never mind, hope they play again soon.

For  compensation to  myself for the failure to see these major Somali events I went all gaga for westend Shows, started with Billy Elliot and ended with The Wicked.
all great shows, next on my list is The swan lake which I will be seeing december the 14th.

all in all this season started great for me, entertainment wise, and this is one of the things that I will miss about London. Greatest city on earth and it only took me a decate to realize that.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment